Shakespeare would either be proud or he’s rolling in his grave. This is a continuation of history and lyrical poetry.
1. Julius Caesar on meeting Cleopatra for the first time:
2. Caesar restores Cleopatra to the throne:
3. Cleopatra gives birth to Ptolemy Caesar:
Close enough. Ptolemy was around 17 when he died.
4. Caesar refuses to name Ptolemy as his heir:
5. Cleopatra arrives in Rome and it’s a huge scandal:
7. Caesar is murdered by the senate on The Ides of March. “Et, tu Brute?”:
8. Cleopatra meets Marc Antony:
9. Octavian talking shit about the whole affair:
11. Antony when Cleopatra turns her ships around and ditches him after Octavian sends a Roman fleet to conquer Egypt:
12. Cleopatra ends it all after Octavian successfully invades Egypt:
Read more: http://www.buzzfeed.com/natashaumer/kanye-west-lyrics-perfectly-describe-the-story-of-julius-cae